Many companies use Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) to transmit permissions to a variety of services and applications. This makes it possible for developers and users to perform authentication across all accessible apps and websites without having to own and manage the access credentials in each particular case. With an SAML connector, 4ALLPORTAL DAM can now be integrated into existing SAML-based access and identity management systems too.
You can now integrate your DAM software into your single sign-on (SSO) process using the SAML 2.0 Authentication Provider 4ALLPORTAL app. Login via SSO takes place when the system is launched, with authentication of the user’s centrally stored identity. The digital asset management system can then be used without any further login.
When logging in for the first time, 4ALLPORTAL uses the SAML 2.0 connector to access the user data in your identity management system in order to automatically create the user in the DAM system. With each subsequent login, the system automatically checks in the background whether changes have been made to the user data and permissions. Any changes found are automatically transferred to the DAM software. This ensures your data is always up to date.
The SAML 2.0 Authentication Provider enables secure access to the 4ALLPORTAL DAM via external user management systems (identity providers). Following installation of the app, configure the DAM system as a service provider. You can now define multiple identity providers for this service provider. When a user wants to access the DAM software, they automatically request authorization from the identity provider and are then authenticated. The permissions are automatically returned to the digital asset management system. The user can then immediately use 4ALLPORTAL without having to actively log in.
The SAML 2.0 integration for 4ALLPORTAL DAM is ideal if your users log into Windows Active Directory or a custom SAML-based CMS system, for example. Incidentally, all communication between 4ALLPORTAL and your identity provider takes place via the HTTPS protocol, making the process even more secure.
- App provides SAML capability for your digital asset management system
- Easily integrate DAM system login into your existing access and identity management system
- Secure authentication of your users with a central login via SAML (DAM stores no user data)
- No new access credentials for the DAM system for users to remember
- Time savings, security, and convenience thanks to single sign-on
- Time savings for administrators through automatic role assignment for 4ALLPORTAL
- Security and less effort: automatic transfer of new users and updated user data
- Compatible with leading identity providers (Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Keycloak, SSOCircle)