JIRA was created to help teams plan, track, and complete tasks more easily. In the process, the tool can be flexibly adapted to the needs of companies. These aspects make JIRA from ATLASSIAN attractive for teams involved in the management of digital content as well. This means that processes involved in managing digital assets must be integrated into JIRA. 4ALLPORTAL DAM has the right connectors in its portfolio.
JIRA integration with 4ALLPORTAL DAM is bidirectional. To transfer information from the DAM system to JIRA, we use either Zapier or Workato. These platforms serve as “middlemen.” As soon as an event takes place in 4ALLPORTAL, it is first transmitted to Zapier or Workato. The “middleware” then contacts JIRA immediately so that a defined action can automatically be carried out here, such as notifying team members.
We also use Zapier and Workato to handle the reverse information route (JIRA to 4ALLPORTAL DAM). The platforms forward the JIRA events to the DAM system via a REST API. A defined workflow can then be triggered there. Some examples of automated workflows of this kind include:
- Create data record (e.g. product information or task)
- Set status (metadata)
- Trigger the release of an asset
- Triggering the sharing of an asset
- Bidirectional communication between JIRA and digital asset management
- Smooth processes in the content area
- Increased productivity in your teams
- Elimination of duplicate file entries in two systems
- Mapping of company-specific DAM workflows
- Process automation